1926 Pewee Valley Athletic Club Subdivision on Maple Avenue
The Pewee Valley Athletic Club once owned a piece of property along Maple Avenue. The club's activities centered around baseball.
Before the formation of the professional baseball leagues American has today, many cities and companies had baseball teams that played competitively.
beginnings can be traced to 1905, when the following article appeared in the March 26 Courier-Journal:
Some of the leading citizens of Pewee Valley, including a few from Louisville, are making arrangements for the erection of a clubhouse.
It was subdivided in 1926. The "proposed lane" at the bottom of the plat is now Cherry Lane.
Thanks to Oldham County Clerk Julie Barr for providing this subdivision plat to the Pewee Valley Historical Society and to Greg and Carol Rose for identifying the plat's location.